Toyota officially establishes mobility service company KINTO Europe

The automotive industry is going through transformation in which the car manufacturers are becoming mobility companies that offer different services alongside their established core business of manufacturing vehicle.

Image Courtesy: Toyota Europe

Toyota being no exception recently announced establishment of KINTO Europe GmbH, a joint venture between Toyota Financial Services Corporation Toyota Motor Europe. TFSC Japan will hold 51% of the company’s shares, with the remaining 49% owned by TME. The limited liability company will be headquartered in Cologne, Germany.

The company will accommodate all other KINTO-branded mobility services developed by Toyota in addition to hosting the Full Service Lease activities previously covered by Toyota Fleet Mobility (TFM).

KINTO will be offering six services:

  • KINTO One – all-inclusive leasing service
  • KINTO Flex – flexible vehicle subscription service
  • KINTO Share – car sharing services, from corporate to public and residential customers
  • KINTO Ride – ride-hailing service
  • KINTO Join – corporate car-pooling solution for employees
  • KINTO Go – multi-modal aggregator, coordinating services such as journey planning, public transport ticketing and parking.

All services will be supplemented by KINTO Protect, a range of mobility focused insurance, warranty and restitution products provided by Toyota Insurance Services (TIS), said the company announced.

After launching the mobility brand early 2020, establishing KINTO Europe is the latest step in the journey from mobility as a project to mobility as a business.In Europe, KINTO is already active in nine countries: Germany, Italy, France, Spain, UK, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Portugal and is expanding quickly. The company through this KINTO mobility brand aims to connect and engage with a younger and wider group of customers.

Source; Toyota Motors Europe


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *