Tata Motors is set to launch its second EV offering for the personal segment,Tigor EV. Before this the company had launched Nexon EV which was received well by the Indian market and the company claims it captures around 70% of the Indian EV market after Nexon EV.
The vehicle is powered by state–of-the-art high voltage electric architecture – Ziptron which is “at the heart” of Tata Motors’ electric vehicles and encapsulates “all the virtues” of its electric vehicle technology.
As mentioned by the company, the EV has been developed based on three pillars of Technology, Comfort and Safety. Some of the features of the car are as follows:
- It comes packed with technology across its powertrain, infotainment, connectivity & charging and promises a comfortable, smooth and relaxing drive.
- It has peak power output of 55 kW and a peak torque of 170 Nm.
- It does 0 to 60 kmph in 5.7 seconds for a zippy and exciting drive.
- It comes with 26 kWh Lithium-ion battery pack
- The EV has got an IP 67 rated battery pack and motor and comes with a 8 year and 160,000 KM battery and motor warranty.
- It is based on a proven platform with Rear Crash compatible structure and also complies with ODB 64 test standard.
- The Impact Resistant Battery Pack casing of Tigor EV complies with AIS – 048 standard for nail penetration at Cell Level.
- It is compatible with globally acceptable CCS2 charging protocol and can be fast charged as well as slow charged from any 15 A plug point.
- Tigor EV also offers 30+ connected car features including remote commands and remote diagnostics, so customers can be in touch with their EV through their phones.
Tata Motors has commenced bookings for the new Tigor EV at select dealerships at INR 21000.